AP US Government: Interest Group/Congress Research Paper
The Library's RhinoCAT is an automated catalog of books, DVDs, and other library materials. RhinoCAT is available from any browser at http://taft.bywatersolutions.com. It is also accessible from your TaftNet homepage. A keyword search using a broad term will yield the most hits.
Encyclopedias and Reference Books / eBooks
Also: Encyclopedia Britannica Online, the complete EB, plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access
- Encyclopedia of American civil rights and liberties. Ref KF4748 .E53 2006 3 vols
- Encyclopedia of the American constitution. Ref KF4548 .E53 2000 6 vols (also an online ebook)
- Encyclopedia of American law and criminal justice. 2 vols Ref KF154 .E528 2012 2 vols (also an online ebook)
- Encyclopedia of crime and justice. Ref HV6017 .E52 2002
- Encyclopedia of gun control and gun rights. Ref KF3941.A68 U88 2000
- Guns in American society: an encyclopedia of history, politics, culture, and the law. Ref HV7436 .G8783 2012 3 vols
- Violence in America : an encyclopedia. Ref HN90.V5 V5474 1999 3 vols
Taft Online Subscriptions
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Full text access to thousands of journals in all disciplines
- GalleryWatch CRS Reports Congressional Research Service reports are initially generated for Members of Congress and provide nonpartisan, objective analysis and research on all legislative issues
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Viewpoint articles, reference content, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary source documents, statistics, and links to web sites
- SIRS Knowledge Source General reference database containing thousands of full-text articles and other resources, including U. S. government documents. Also includes a pro/con issues database.
- U.S. Government Online Presents in-depth information on the structure and function of the U.S. government
See Finding and Evaluating Websites for hints on how to locate quality websites.
Also see your course Haiku page for Ms. Ryan's suggested links.
- Almanac of Policy Issues (a digest of major U.S. public policy news)
- CrimeSolutions.gov (a website from the National Institute of Justice; uses rigorous research to inform practitioners and policy makers about what works in criminal justice, juvenile justice, and crime victim services)
- Interest Groups (from ThisNation.com: American Government and Politics online)
- Issues, Organizations, and Interest Groups
- National special interest groups
- Public Policy Issues and Groups (from Vanderbilt University Library)
- U. S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Sentencing Commission (to work with Congress and the Executive branch to establish sentencing policies and practices)