The Industrial Revolution
Encyclopedias and Reference Books / eBooksSearch large collections of ebooks simultaneously in these databases:: Gale Virtual Reference Library, Infobase ebooks, and Salem History. Also: Britannica Academic contains the complete Encyclopedia Britannica plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access.
- The ABC-CLIO world history companion to the industrial revolution. Ref HD 2321 .S74 1996
- Encyclopedia of European social history from 1350 to 2000. Ref HN 373 .E63 2001 6 vols (also an online ebook)
- Europe, 1450 to 1789: Encyclopedia of the early modern world. Ref D 209 .E97 2004 6 vols (also an online ebook)
- Europe, 1789 to 1914: Encyclopedia of the age of industry and empire. 2006 5 vols (an online ebook)
- Great events from history: The 18th century, 1701-1800. Ref D 286 .G74 2006 4 vols (also an online ebook)
- Great events from history: The 19th century, 1801-1900. Ref D 358 .G74 2006 4 vols (also an online ebook)
- Great lives from history: Inventors and inventions. Ref T39 .G75 2010 4 vols (also an online ebook)
- Great lives from history : The 18th century, 1701-1800. Ref CT118 .G74 2006 2 vols (also an online ebook)
- Great lives from history : The 19th century, 1801-1900. Ref CT119 .G69 2007 4 vols(also an online ebook)
- Industrial Revolution reference library. Ref HD2329 .O978 2003 4 vols (also an online ebook)
- The Industrial Revolution : history, documents, and key questions. Ref HD 2321 .H67 2016 (also an online ebook)
- Industrial Revolution in Europe, 1750-1914. World eras series. Ref D 20 .W67 2001 vol.9 (also an online ebook)
- Industrialization in the modern world : from the Industrial Revolution to the Internet. Ref HD2321 .H56 2014 2 vols
- The Oxford encyclopedia of the modern world, 1750 to the present. Ref D 205 .O94 2008 8 vols
- Science and its times: understanding the social significance of scientific discovery. Ref Q 175.46 .S35 2000 8 vols (also an online ebook)
- Science, technology, and society : the impact of science from 2000 B.C. to the 18th century. Ref Q 125 .S434756 2002 3 vols
- Science, technology, and society : the impact of science in the 19th century. Ref Q 125 .S43476 2001 2 vols
The Library's RhinoCAT is an automated catalog of books, DVDs, and other library materials. RhinoCAT is available from any browser at http://taft.bywatersolutions.com. It is also accessible from your TaftNet homepage. A keyword search using a broad term will yield the most hits. TIP: When you identify a book in RhinoCAT that sounds useful, open the book's full record, scroll down and click on Browse shelf to find additional books for your research project.
Taft Online Subscription Databases
- Academic Search Complete Our largest database with full text access to thousands of journals in all disciplines
- ACLS Humanities E-Book An online collection of over 5000 books of high quality in the humanities
- Biography in Context Biographies of more than 650,000 individuals, including the full-text of Current Biography magazine 1940 - current
- Biography Reference Bank Biographies of more than 600,000 individuals, including the full-text of Current Biography magazine 1940 - current
- British Periodicals (1681-1937) Full facsimile images of more than 160 periodicals from the late seventeenth century to the early twentieth. Topics covered include literature, philosophy, history, science, the fine arts, and the social sciences.
- Britannica Image Quest Access millions of images which are rights-cleared for non-commercial, educational use
- Classroom Video On Demand Provides access to thousands of full-length videos and clips on core-curriculum topics
- Daily Life Through History Explore aspects of everyday life in different historical eras through thousands of primary sources and information from over 100 books from Greenwood Press and ABC-Clio.
- History Reference Center An Ebsco database featuring content from reference books, non-fiction books, and history periodicals
- JSTOR Extensive backfiles of full-text scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, and sciences, many dating back to the 19th century. Also contains a 19th century British pamphlet collection and ebook content.
- Modern World History Online Overview essays, biographies, events and topics, primary source documents, timelines, maps and charts, images and videos from the mid-15th century to the present.
- Science in Context Topic overviews, experiments, biographies, and links to quality websites, as well as coverage of the latest scientific developments in over 200 magazines and academic journals.
- Science Reference Center Contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other reliable sources. Also includes the Science Image Collection, a database of more than 270,000 high-quality science images.
- The Times (London) Digital Archive 1785 - 2010 More than 200 years of news in full facsimile images from London's premier newspaper
- World History in Context Comprehensive collection of reference sources, primary documents, periodicals, maps and multimedia
- World History: The Modern Era Covers the history of the world from 1500 to the present. Includes reference articles, media and primary source material.
See the course guide Finding Primary Sources for ways to find documents and primary sources in our Library.