Spanish Project: Artists from Spanish Speaking Countries
The Library's RhinoCAT is an automated catalog of books, DVDs, and other library materials. RhinoCAT is available from any browser at http://taft.bywatersolutions.com. It is also accessible from your TaftNet homepage. A keyword search using a broad term will yield the most hits.
Encyclopedias and Reference Books
Also: Encyclopedia Britannica Online, the complete EB, plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access
- The dictionary of art. Ref N31 .D5 1996 34 vols (also an online ebook)
- A dictionary of twentieth-century art. Ref N6490 .C5317 1998
- Encyclopedia of Latin American history and culture. 2008 (an online ebook)
- Encyclopedia of world art. Ref N31 .E4833 17 vols
- Great lives from history:
- Latin America, history and culture: an encyclopedia for students. Ref F1406 .T46 1999 4 vols
- McGraw-Hill dictionary of art. Ref N 33 .M23 5 vols
- Oxford companion to architecture. Ref NA 31 .O94 2009
- Spain and Portugal: a reference guide from the Renaissance to the present. Ref DP66 .O78 2007 (also an online ebook)
- Women in world history. Ref HQ 1115 .W6 1999 17 vols
- World artists, 1950-1980. Ref N 6489 .M37 1984
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Full text access to thousands of journals in all disciplines
- Biography in Context More than 600,000 biographies from Gale's vast reference collection as well as related full-text articles from hundreds of magazines and newspapers
- Classroom Video On Demand Provides access to thousands of full-length videos and clips.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Image Quest Access more than 2 million images which are rights-cleared for non-commercial, educational use
- JSTOR Extensive backfiles of full-text scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, and sciences, many dating back to the 19th century.
- Oxford Art Online Includes the full text of the 34-volume print edition of The Dictionary of Art plus several other art reference works
For More than one Artists
See Finding and Evaluating Websites for hints on how to locate quality websites.
- Artcyclopedia.com is an online database of museum-quality fine art. It has indexed "1800 art sites, and offer over 60,000 links to an estimated 150,000 works by 8,100 renowned artists." The database is searchable by artist name, medium, movement, subject, and nationality.
- Olga's Gallery: Online Art Museum A large comprehensive online art collection. Contains over 10,000 works of art and information about the artists.
- Spanish arts (covering the history of Spain's visual, literary, and performing arts)
- Web Gallery of Art