Blood Donors Give Generously
Best Results Since 2005
Fast facts about blood donation from the American Red Cross:
- The number one reason donors say they give blood is because they "want to help others."
- One donation can help save the lives of up to three people.
- A healthy donor may donate platelets as few as 7 days apart, but a maximum of 24 times a year.
- The actual blood donation typically takes less than 10-12 minutes. The entire process, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, takes about an hour and 15 min.
- The average adult has about 10 pints of blood in his body. Roughly 1 pint is given during a donation.
- WITH 72 UNITS OF BLOOD COLLECTED, TAFT’S FEBRUARY BLOOD DRIVE YIELDED THE HIGHEST DONATED VOLUME SINCE 2005!
Thank you for supporting Taft’s Volunteer Council and the American Red Cross. Watch for details about our April blood drive and consider making a difference in someone’s life by donating blood.