2011 New England Champions
The Taft Football Program is one of the most historic in all of New England. At Taft players of all levels have found success. Over the years we have had beginners who want to learn the game all the way to the most talented players, such as Patrick Kerney, who have played Division 1 college football and made it to the NFL. In short, at Taft we have a place in our football program for anyone who is willing to work hard in the classroom and on the field. With over a century of tradition, our coaching staff has maintained a commitment to excellence through hard work and discipline.
Taft football players use some of the top facilities in the country, ranging from a picturesque game field to one of the finest locker rooms in New England. Furthermore, Taft football players have access to a spacious weight room and an advanced video editing system, making it easy to prepare films to send to college coaches. To that end, in recent years, Taft football players have gone on to have careers at some of our nation’s finest schools, such as Harvard, Amherst, Williams, University of Virginia, Wesleyan, Trinity, Columbia, and many others.
Taft plays in the Class A New England prep school conference against some of the most challenging competition in the northeast. In preparing for their opponents, the Taft coaching staff prides itself on teaching their players to pay attention to detail and on being the most well conditioned team in the league, as all of our players play offense, defense, and special teams, and must be prepared to play an entire game with little rest. Through an emphasis on dedication and high character, Taft football players are expected to conduct themselves with pride, honor, respect, and great sportsmanship.
If you would like more information on the Taft Football Program, please call or email Coach Tyler Whitley at TylerWhitley@taftschool.org
Taft Football Alumni Playing in College
- Adam Parker (University of Rhode Island)
- David Berment (Sacred Heart University)
- OíShea Bell (Stonehill College)
- Tim Drakeley (Bowdoin College)
- Nick LaSpada (Bates College)
- David Wolff (University of Rochester)
- Bulolo Jonga (Pomona College)
- Casey Kuhns (Georgetown University)
- Will Pope (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
- Kevin Carey (Hamilton College)
- Anthony Gaffney (Princeton University)
- John Zakrzewski (College of the Holy Cross)
- Demetrius Russell (Colgate University)
- Jordan Stone (Wesleyan University)
- Jackson McGonagle (Amherst College)