Head of School Search
Head of School William R. MacMullen ’78 has announced his retirement after a remarkable career at Taft. Willy and his wife, Pam, will retire following the 2022-23 academic year, having served Taft for a combined tenure of 65 years.
Willy MacMullen will continue to lead the school through the coming academic year and will end his tenure at Taft on June 30, 2023. The new Head of School will begin their tenure on July 1, 2023.
As the school searches for its next leader, this page will serve as a resource for information about the search for and transition to a new Head of School. If you have questions, comments, or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments will be sent, in confidence, to the co-chairs of the search committee.
- Global Leadership Advisory Firm Spencer Stuart to Assist in Head of School Search (April 30, 2022)
- A Message from the Chairs of the Head of School Search Committee (April 5, 2022)
- Formation of the Head of School Search Committee (March 18, 2022)
- Grant Porter’s Email to the Taft Community (February 25, 2022)
- Head of School William R. MacMullen '78 to Retire in June 2023 (February 25, 2022)
- Willy MacMullen’s Retirement Announcement (February 25, 2022)
- Jonathan D. Albert '79, P'09,'11
- J. Kingman Gordon '88
- Sarkis D. Izmirlian II '90, P'20,'22,'24, Co-Chair
- Ernest O. Kwarteng '98
- Amanda Costanzo McGovern '93
- Tamara M. Sinclair '05
- Kate Genung Taylor ’94, Co-Chair
Jo Klingenstein Ziesing '78, P'07,'09,'12