Race and Gender in Hollywood: Film of Choice Project
On Reserve at the Circulation Desk
(Sign out for use IN LIBRARY ONLY for duration of assignment)
- The Routledge companion to cinema and gender. PN1995.9 .S47 R68
Encyclopedias and Reference Books / eBooks
- Cinema studies : the key concepts. Ref PN1993.45 .H36 2013
- Race in American film: voices and visions that shaped a nation. Ref PN1995.9 .N4 R33 2017 3 vols
- Schirmer encyclopedia of film. Ref PN1993.45 .G65 2007 4 vols (also an online ebook)
Taft Online Subscription Databases
- To find both reviews and articles about your movie:
- Enter your movie's title in quotation marks, for example, "Moonrise Kingdom", in the first search field.
- In the next search field, enter the director's last name.
- Limit to Full Text. (Only JSTOR has full-text for all content.)
- Choose Document type: Film Review or Movie Review and also Article.
- Academic OneFile Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources.
- Academic Search Complete Full-text access to thousands of journals in all disciplines.
- JSTOR Full-text scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, and sciences. (There is no Item Type specifically for film reviews, so limit to Reviews and Articles.)
- New York Times 1980-current (ProQuest) Full-text coverage. (Limit to Document type: Article, Film, and Review)
See Find and Evaluate Websites for information on how to locate high quality websites.