AP American Government: Civil Liberties Debates
Encyclopedias and Reference Books / eBooks
Search large collections of reference ebooks simultaneously in these databases: Gale Virtual Reference Library and Salem History. Also: Britannica Academic Online contains the complete Encyclopedia Britannica plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access.
- The Bill of Rights. Ref KF4750 .B55 2017 2 vols (also an online ebook)
- The Bill of Rights : a user's guide. Ref KF4750 .M66 1991
- Constitutional amendments : encyclopedia of the people, procedures, politics, primary documents relating to the 27 amendments to the U.S. Constitution. Ref KF4557 .G76 2017 2 vols (also an online ebook)
- Encyclopedia of American civil rights and liberties. Ref KF4748 .E53 2006 3 vols
- The encyclopedia of civil liberties in America. Ref JC599.U5 E53 2005 3 vols
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution. Ref KF4548 .E53 2000 6 vols (also an online ebook)
- National security vs. civil & privacy rights. Opinions Throughout History. Ref JC596.2.U5 I87 2018 (also an online ebook)
- Privacy rights in the Digital Age. Ref KF1263.C65 P75 2015 (also an online ebook)
On Reserve at the Circulation Desk
(Sign out for use IN LIBRARY ONLY for duration of assignment)
- Whistleblowers. Reference Shelf series. JF1525.W45 W457 2015 (also an online ebook)
Wikileaks and the age of transparency / Micah L. Sifry. JK1764 .S5479 2011
Taft Online Subscription Databases
- Academic OneFile Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources
- Academic Search Complete Access full-text articles in thousands of magazines and journals. Tip: Limit your search to Full Text, Articles, and language
- Access World News Full-text articles from thousands of news sources worldwide covering 1978 to the present
- Issues & Controversies Provides exclusive, extensive coverage of hundreds of today's hot topics, with unbiased analysis and rich related resources.
- New York Times Full-text coverage 1980-current
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Viewpoint articles, reference content, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary source documents, statistics, and links to web sites
- See Find and Evaluating Websites for hints on how to locate quality websites.
- Please read Wikipedia's article on Academic use.
How to debate like a pro (PBS presents great advice from Georgetown Univ. students who won the 2012 National Debate Tournament)
American Civil Liberties Union (For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States)
FAMM (Families Against Mandatory Minimums) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization fighting for smart sentencing laws that protect public safety.
Criminal Justice Policy Foundation is one of the oldest drug policy reform organizations in the United States. CJPF's mission is to educate the public about the impact of drug policy on the criminal justice system.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (A federally funded resource offering justice and drug-related information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide) https://www.ncjrs.gov
United States Department of Labor The Whistleblower Protection Programs