AP American Government: Healthcare Research Paper
- America's bitter pill : money, politics, backroom deals, and the fight to fix our broken healthcare system RA395.A3 B75 2015
- Money-driven medicine [videorecording] RA410 .M66 2009 also available as a streaming video.
- Money-driven medicine : the real reason health care costs so much. RA410 .M34 2006
- Remedy and reaction : the peculiar American struggle over health care reform. RA 395 .A3 S768
Taft Online Subscriptions Databases
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Our largest database with full text access to over 9,100 journals in all disciplines.
- Access World News News articles from over 5000 sources worldwide from 1978 to the present. Tip: Click on "Find a Topic" on top right side.
- Congressional Digest Debates Online: a Pro & Con Online Service An independent publication featuring significant controversies in Congress
- New York Times 1980-current (ProQuest) Traditional interface and full-text coverage
- Newspaper Source Plus includes more than 860 full-text U.S. and international newspapers, as well as radio and tv news transcripts and newswire services.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Viewpoint articles, reference content, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary source documents, statistics, and links to web sites
- Sirs Knowledge Source General reference database containing thousands of full-text articles and other resources, including U. S. government documents. Tip: "Browse all Pro/Con issues"
See Finding and Evaluating Websites for hints on how to locate quality websites.
- Affordable Care Act (reports from the Congressional Budget Office as current as 1/17/17)
- Health Care Reform (from the Brookings Institution, a nonprofit, nonpartison public policy organization based in Washington, D.C.)
- Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (A non-profit organization providing in-depth information on national health policy issues)
- National Health and Health Care Special Interest Groups (Project Vote Smart reports on performance evaluations from all special interest groups (SIGs) who provide them, regardless of issue or bias)
- OpenSecrets.org: Center for Responsive Politics (A non-profit, nonpartisan research group based in Washington, D.C. that tracks the effects of money and lobbying on elections and public policy)
- Top 20 Healthcare Lobbyists By Spending (Becker's Healthcare is the leading source of cutting-edge business and legal information for healthcare industry leaders. Article date August 21, 2015)