Foundations: UN Summit Project
Encyclopedias and Reference Books / eBooks
Search large collections of reference ebooks simultaneously in these databases: Gale Virtual Reference Library and Salem History. Also: Britannica Academic Online contains the complete Encyclopedia Britannica plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access.
- World Today 2017-2018 series (2016-2017 editions are in the Main Collection upstairs):
- Africa. Ref DT1 .D6
- East and Southeast Asia. Ref DS502 .H53
- Latin America. Ref F1401 .L3252
- The Middle East and South Asia. Ref DS41 .C55
- Nordic, Central and Southeastern Europe. Ref DL1 .N67
- Russia and Eurasia. Ref DJK1 .R87 (2016-17 edition in Main is titled Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States)
- Western Europe. Ref D967 .W47
Taft Online Subscription Databases
- Access World News News articles from 5227 sources and 160 countries covering 1978 to the present Tip: In the first search field, pull down under All Text and choose Headline. Enter your topic keyword. In the next field, leave at Dates and click on the empty Dates field. Choose your desired date range. Click Add Row and select Author/Byline, and enter editorial. Once you have your result list, go to left sidebar where you can choose your Country.
- Country Reports More than 35,000 pages of cultural, historical and statistical information content on the countries of the world, including environmental issues (under Geography).
- Global Issues in Context News, perspectives, video, reference, country information, primary source documents, and statistics on issues of global importance. Can be cross-searched with Opposing Viewpoints in Context.
- Issues & Controversies Provides exclusive, extensive coverage of hundreds of today's hot topics, with unbiased analysis and rich related resources
- Newspaper Source Plus Provides cover-to-cover full text for 131 national & international newspapers, as well as television and radio news transcripts and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources. Tip: choose Advanced Search and limit your document type to Editorial.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Viewpoint articles, reference content, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary source documents, statistics, and links to web sites. Can be cross-searched with Global Issues in Context.
- Science in Context Topic overviews, experiments, biographies, and links to quality websites, as well as coverage of the latest scientific developments in over 200 magazines and academic journals.
- Sirs Knowledge Source General reference database containing thousands of full-text articles and other resources. Includes a pro/con issues database and SIRS Government, a comprehensive resource for the study of all aspects of U.S. federal government, including government documents, Supreme Court decisions, and more.
- Today's Science Articles explaining important developments in biology, chemistry, the environment, space, physics, and technology
Current History Journal Subscription
- Each issue focuses on a country, region, continent, or international issue
- On Shelf in the Library Reading Room: three years current
- Full text articles since 2000 are available online at http://www.currenthistory.com/
- The online index under "Browse by topic" covers the years 2000 to present
Note: Because this journal is on the internet, you will choose Website in NoodleTools and then Journal. Your citation will include the full URL of your article.
Writing a Model UN Position Paper (from the UNA-USA, the United Nations Association of the United States of America, a membership organization dedicated to inform, inspire, and mobilize the American people to support the ideals and vital work of the United Nations)
- BBC News Country Profiles (Full profiles provide an instant guide to history, politics and economic background of countries and territories, and background on key institutions)
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (…founded in 1910, [the Endowment] is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing cooperation between nations and promoting active international engagement by the United States)
- CIA World Factbook (country profiles from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency)
- Council on Foreign Relations: Regions
- Human Rights Practices Reports by Country (from Amnesty International)
- United Nations