Revolutions: 9/11 Annotated Bibliography Project
Taft Online Subscription Databases
- Journal article databases
- Global Issues in Context News, perspectives, video, reference, country information, primary source documents, journal articles, and statistics on issues of global importance.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Viewpoint articles, reference content, full-text magazines, newspapers, journal articles, primary source documents, statistics, and links to websites.
- Sirs Knowledge Source General reference database containing thousands of full-text articles and other resources. Includes a pro/con issues database and SIRS Government, a comprehensive resource for the study of all aspects of U.S. federal government, including government documents, Supreme Court decisions, and more.
- U.S. History in Context Comprehensive collection of reference sources, primary documents, journal articles, maps, and multimedia.
- World History in Context Comprehensive collection of reference sources, primary documents, journal articles, maps, and multimedia.
Mr. Padgett's Gale Search Tips video
- Google Scholar is a search engine that specifically searches scholarly literature and academic resources.
- Google Advanced Search
- Here's an example for a topic on 9/11, Al Qaeda and variations on the word terror. Think about other terms you can swap in and out.
* see the course guide Find and Evaluate Websites for more information
- Limit your search to reliable domains by including the phrase site:gov OR site:edu (gov for U. S. government agencies; edu for educational institutions in the U.S)
Encyclopedias and Reference Books / eBooks
These resources provide essential background information - who, what, when, where, why, how.
- Search large collections of reference ebooks simultaneously in these databases:
- Britannica Academic Online contains the complete and regularly updated Encyclopedia Britannica plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access.
- The 9/11 encyclopedia. Ref HV6432.7 .A85 2011
- Chronologies of modern terrorism. Ref HV6431 .R84 2008
- Congress investigates: a critical and documentary encyclopedia. Ref KF4942 .C66 2011 2 vols (also an online ebook)
- Decades in America series:
- Encyclopedia of terrorism. Ref HV6431 .K883 2003
- Great events from history:
- Historic documents. Ref E839.5 .H57 (collections of primary sources relating to U. S. and world events published annually since 1972)
- The legacy of 9/11. Ref DS35.74.U6 L44 2018 (also an online ebook)
- Terrorism reference library. 2006 4 vols (an online ebook)
- World terrorism : an encyclopedia of political violence from ancient times to the post-9/11 era. Ref HV6431 .W67 2011 3 vols (also an online ebook)