Biology: Pox and Pestilence
The Library's RhinoCAT is an automated catalog of books, DVDs, and other library materials. RhinoCAT is available from any browser at http://taft.bywatersolutions.com. It is also accessible from your TaftNet homepage. A keyword search using a broad term will yield the most hits.
Encyclopedias and Reference Books/eBooks
Also: Also: Encyclopedia Britannica Online, the complete EB, plus authoritative websites and full-text journal access
- Cambridge world history of human disease. Ref R 131 .C233 1993
- Complete human diseases and conditions. 2008 (an online ebook)
- Encyclopedia of medical history. Ref R 133 .M34 1985
- Encyclopedia of pestilence, pandemics, and plagues. Ref RA652 .E535 2008 2vols
- Gale encyclopedia of alternative medicine. 2005 (an online ebook)
- Gale encyclopedia of genetic disorders. Ref RB155.5 .G35 2002 2 vols (2006 ed available as an online ebook)
- Gale encyclopedia of medicine. Ref RC 41 .G35 1999 5 vols (2002 edition available as an online ebook)
- Genetics & inherited conditions. Ref RB 155.5 .G4616 2010 (also an online ebook)
- Infectious diseases: in context. Ref RC111 .I516 2008 2 vols (also an online ebook)
- Infectious diseases & conditions. Ref RC112 .I4577 2012 3 vols (also an online ebook)
- Magill's medical guide. Ref RC41 .M34 2011 6 vols (also an online ebook)
- Science and its times: understanding the social significance of scientific discovery. Ref Q 175.46 .S35 2000 8 vols (also an online ebook)
- Science, technology, and society: the impact of science from 2000 B.C. to the 18th century. Ref Q 125 .S434756 2002 3 vols
- Science, technology, and society: the impact of science in the 19th century. Ref Q125 .S43476 2001 2 vols
- Science, technology, and society: the impact of science in the 20th century. Ref Q125 .S395 2002 3 vols
- Sexually transmitted disease: an encyclopedia of diseases, prevention, treatment, and issues. Ref RC 200.1 .S468 2014 2 vols
- UXL encyclopedia of diseases and disorders. 2009 (an online ebook)
Taft Online Subscriptions
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Full text access to thousands of journals in all disciplines
- Classroom Video on Demand Provides access to thousands of full-length videos and clips on core-curriculum topics
- Daily Life through History Explore aspects of everyday life in different historical eras through thousands of primary sources and information from over 100 books from Greenwood Press and ABC-Clio.
- Global Issues in Context News, perspectives, video, reference, country information, primary source documents, and statistics on issues of global importance
- Health and Wellness Resource Center Up-to-date reference material as well as full-text magazines, journals, and pamphlets from a wide variety of authoritative medical sources.
- JSTOR Extensive backfiles of full-text scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, and sciences, many dating back to the 19th century. Also contains a 19th century British pamphlet collection and ebook content.
- Modern World History Online Overview essays, biographies, events and topics, primary source documents, timelines, maps and charts, images and videos from the mid-15th century to the present.
- Science in Context Topic overviews, experiments, biographies, and links to quality websites, as well as coverage of the latest scientific developments in over 200 magazines and academic journals
- SIRS Knowledge Source General reference database containing thousands of full-text articles and other resources, including U. S. government documents. Also includes a pro/con issues database.
- Today's Science Designed to connect the classroom to real world discoveries, explaining important developments in biology, chemistry, the environment, space, physics, and technology
- U.S. History in Context Comprehensive collection of reference sources, primary documents, periodicals, maps and multimedia
- World History in Context Comprehensive collection of reference sources, primary documents, periodicals, maps and multimedia
See Finding Primary Sources for hints on how to locate quality websites.
- Diseases and Conditions (U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- History of the Health Sciences World Wide Web Links