Download Overdrive Audio Books
Getting Started with OverDrive on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
If you'd like to use Overdrive to listen to our collection of audiobooks you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Download the OverDrive app from the App Store
- Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and log in. (Sign up) You will need to enter your name, email address, and create a password. You will only need to do this once as your device will remember you.
- In the OverDrive app, swipe from left to right to open the Home menu. Then, tap Add a Library to find your library's OverDrive website. (Search for The Taft School)
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library's name The Taft School to start browsing.
- You will be prompted to log into Taft's OverDrive with your library barcode which is located on your debit card and begins 25225…… [If you do not have a debit card, contact the library for your barcode number]
Again you will only need to do this once as your device will remember you.
- Choose a title and select Borrow (if the title is checked out it will say Place a Hold)
- Go to the bookshelf and select Add to app. This will download the book to the Overdrive app on your device.
It will default to a loan of 14 days, but at the checkout you can select 7, 14 or 21 days by going to "Settings" in the My Account tab. If the book expires you can check it out again (provided no one else has placed a hold) AND your device will remember where you left off.
See Mr. Padgett, Ms. Taylor, or Mrs. Lovallo in the Library if you need help.
To use Overdrive on other devices go to: http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481729-getting-started-with-overdrive
You can view your Overdrive account online at https://thetaftschoolct.libraryreserve.com