Printing to a Public Printer from Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), and 10.13 (High Sierra)
If this is the first time you have printed to this printer you will need to add the printer to your list of available printers. The instructions below will guide you through the process. You will only need to do this once for each printer you wish to use.
- The first step is to 'install the driver' for the printer you want to print to. You will need administrator access to the computer to install the driver.
- Cick Download to begin the download of the installer. Once the download is complete the installer dialog will appear on screen. Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
Printer Name Location Driver AH-020-COPYROOM Arts, Humanities Center, Room A020 Konica Minolta 552 Download FACULTY-ROOM-PRINTER Charles Phelps Taft Hall, Faculty Room (NEASC) Konica Minolta C368 - Download LIBRARY-MAIN Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library, Main Floor HP LaserJet 4015 - Driver included in OS MOORHEAD ACADEMIC CENTER COPIER Moorhead Academic Center Konica Minolta 287 - uses 367 driver Download MORTARA-HALLWAY-PRINTER Mortara, Located in the Hallway Konica Minolta 287 - uses 367 driver Download WU-118-PRINTER Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, First Floor, Room 118 HP LaserJet 2300 - Driver included in OS WU-1ST-STUDYAREA Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, First Floor Study Area HP LaserJet 3005 - Driver included in OS WU-2ND-STUDYAREA Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, Second Floor Study Area HP LaserJet 3005 - Driver included in OS WU-3RD-STUDYAREA Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, Third Floor Study Area HP LaserJet 3005 - Driver included in OS
- After the driver installation has completed, from the Apple menu select System Preferences. Then in the Hardware section click on Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click the ' + ' button to add a new printer.
- Click on IP.
- From the Protocol drop-down list, select Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Address box, enter PS3.TAFTSCHOOL.ORG.
- In the Queue box, enter the printer name.
Printer Name Location Driver AH-020-COPYROOM AH Room A020 KONICA MINOLTA 552 PS(P) FACULTY-ROOM-PRINTER CPT, Faculty Room (NEASC) KONICA MINOLTA C368 PS LIBRARY-MAIN Library Main Floor HP LaserJet P4015 MOORHEAD ACADEMIC CENTER COPIER Moorhead Academic Center KONICA MINOLTA 367 PS MORTARA-HALLWAY-PRINTER Mortara, Located in the Hallway KONICA MINOLTA 367 PS WU-118-PRINTER Wu First Floor, Room 118 HP LaserJet 2300 WU-1ST-STUDYAREA Wu First Floor Study Area HP LaserJet P3005 WU-2ND-STUDYAREA Wu Second Floor Study Area HP LaserJet P3005 WU-3RD-STUDYAREA Wu Third Floor Study Area HP LaserJet P3005
- In the Name box, enter the printer name again.
- In the Location box, enter the location of the printer for you to remember.
- You may need to select the proper driver for the printer if it is not automatically selected by the system. In the 'Print Using' field, the 'Generic Postscript Printer' will be selected. Click on the drop down and select 'Select a driver to use...'. A list of postscript drivers will appear. Scroll down and select the appropriate driver for the printer you are setting up. See table above for driver name.
- Click Add.
- You do not need to change any of the printer's options unless noted below. Click Continue.
AH-020-COPYROOM Printer Options Paper Sources None Finisher FS-527 Cover Sheet Feeder None Punch Z-Fold Unit None (2/3 Holes) Printer HDD Installed FACULTY-ROOM-PRINTER Options Function Version Version 2.0 Paper Sources PC-410 Finisher FS-534 Punch Unit None Security Document Setting Do Not Release Secure Print Advanced Function Stamp Checked Hard Disk Checked Secure Print Only Not Checked Allow Public User Checked LIBRARY-MAIN Printer Options Duplex Unit Checked MOORHEAD ACADEMIC CENTER COPIER Options Function Version Version 1.0 Paper Sources None Finisher FS-533 Punch Unit None Hard Disk Checked MORTARA-HALLWAY-PRINTER Printer Options Function Version Version 1.0 Paper Sources PC-213 Finisher FS-533 Cover Sheet Feeder None Punch Z-Fold Unit None Printer HDD Installed
- The printer will now show up in your printer list. You can close Printers & Scanners. The printer is now set up and ready to use.