Printing to a Public Printer from Windows 7
If this is the first time you have printed to this printer you will need to add the printer to your list of available printers. The instructions below will guide you through the process. You will only need to do this once for each printer you wish to use.
- To add a new printer, click , then click Devices and Printers.
- Click on Add a Printer.
- At the Add Printer Wizard window, click the 'Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer'. Click Next.
- Click Stop, then click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Click on 'Select a shared printer by name...', and then type in the printer name. Use the appropriate printer name from table below. Type the name in exactly as you see it in the table. Click Next.
Printer Name Location \\PS3\AH-020-COPYROOM Arts, Humanities Center, Room A020 \\PS3\FACULTY-ROOM-PRINTER Charles Phelps Taft Hall, Faculty Room (NEASC) \\PS3\LIBRARY-MAIN Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library, Main Floor \\PS3\MOORHEAD ACADEMIC CENTER COPIER Moorhead Academic Center \\PS3\MORTARA-HALLWAY-PRINTER Mortara, Located in the Hallway \\PS3\WU-118-PRINTER Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, First Floor, Room 118 \\PS3\WU-1ST-STUDYAREA Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, First Floor Study Area \\PS3\WU-2ND-STUDYAREA Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, Second Floor Study Area \\PS3\WU-3RD-STUDYAREA Lady Ivy Kwok Wu Science and Mathematics Center, Third Floor Study Area
- If prompted that you need to install the printer driver, click Install driver.
- If you receive a User Account Control prompt, click Continue.
- Click 'Next'.
- Choose whether you want that printer to be your default, and click 'Finish'. The printer will snow show up in your printer list.
- You can close the Devices and Printers window. The printer is now set up and ready to use.