Boys' Soccer - JV
Berkshire School
Subscribe to Alerts
Win 1-0
At 2:30pm on a warm Fall afternoon at home, Taft JV Boys took on Berkshire. Both teams came into the game undefeated this season, and a truly epic encounter was anticipated – and ensued. Taft began with some early pressure from two corners, both floated in invitingly by Anmay Suri. The first was gathered comfortably by the Berkshire keeper, while Cayden Van Dolah powerfully headed the second one just over the bar. A 15th minute freekick was delivered just too high by Noah Cinel, with another from Van Dolah, in the 18th, just missing its target despite being taken from near the halfway line. Another corner in the 30th minute from Michael Werblow couldn’t find its way through the packed Berskhire defense. The best passage of play in the half nearly resulted in a goal when some controlled passing by Taft precisely made its way up the field to Camillo Pinto Gonzalez who expertly turned his defender and delivered a through ball to Liam Dhumale-Smyth, whose low shot was just saved by the keeper. Another freekick in the 36th minute from Kaden Parsons made its way into the keeper’s gloves, and that was that for the first half. The second half began with some controlled aggressive passing and interplay, that began to open up space in the Berkshire backline. In the 10th minute Jonathon So was pulled back just outside the box. His resulting freekick found Van Dolah who delivered a shot that was snuffed out by the Berkshire defense. Just a minute later, the away team’s defense were caught on the break again, but this time made their error in the box. Jack Dodd was brought down with the ball at his feet and the referee duly awarded a penalty. Despite some mind-games from the Berkshire keeper, Cinel remained composed and calm and put away the penalty with aplomb. Following the goal, there was little goalmouth action that followed. The final 10 minutes of the game saw Berkshire make a concerted effort to level the scores, but the Taft defense held firm and kept any serious threats at goal at a minimum. Taft hung on for a hard-fought victory, with the game ending 1-0 in their favor.