COVID-19 Health and Travel Updates
With the health and safety of our globally interconnected community as our guiding principle, Taft has closed its campus classrooms and is transitioning to a remote learning model for the remainder of the spring semester. Read the latest email from Headmaster William R. MacMullen here.
Students and parents will be receiving follow up emails from the Academic Office, College Counseling Office, and individual teachers in the coming days and weeks. Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help answer some common questions students and families might have.
More information about remote learning can be found on the Remote Learning for Students and Families webpage.
Faculty and staff should check the Faculty/Staff Portal regularly for updates.
- Is Taft’s campus closed?
- When will students return to campus?
- What if I left books or school supplies that I need at Taft? Can I come back to campus to pick up my belongings?
- When will Taft's remote learning program begin?
- How will remote learning take place?
- What if I don’t have internet access while off campus?
- What about athletics and extracurricular activities?
- I am an international student. Who can I contact with concerns about travel, etc?
- Will the ACTs and SATs take place? What about AP Exams?
- What is Taft doing to support students emotionally?
- What can parents do to help Taft remain healthy?
- Has Commencement been canceled?
- Has Alumni Weekend been canceled?
The following is an archive of communications emailed to community members.