Opening of School: Academic Year 2021-22
Please note that the Fall 2021 campus protocols listed below assume that a student has been vaccinated. Vaccine-exempted students may need to follow different protocols than those listed below.
The protocols listed below could change depending on health conditions at Taft and the surrounding communities, based on the advice of medical experts, and the needs and functions of the school.
- Is remote learning being offered?
- Do students need to wear masks?
- Will there be capacity limits or physical distancing guidelines this year?
- How are classrooms functioning this year?
- What is dorm life like this year?
- What about day students? Is the day student lounge open? Will Saturday sleepovers happen this year?
- How is the dining hall functioning?
- What about the afternoon program?
- Are there interscholastic athletics?
- Are students allowed to walk to town?
- Are students allowed to leave campus for an overnight?
- Will students be allowed to participate in sports and other activities outside of Taft?
- Will students be allowed to visit colleges?
- What are the expectations when leaving campus?
- Can parents and others visit campus in the fall?
- What about all school assemblies and Morning Meetings in Bingham? Sit down dinner?
- Will there be COVID testing after we return to campus?
- How will close contact tracing and quarantining work?
The following is an archive of recent communications emailed to all community members.