Utilizing the facilities at the nearby Watertown Golf Club (Taft's home course), this program is designed for the competitive golfer pursuing a high school or collegiate level program. All instructors are PGA certified and supplied by Peter Seaman's Golf Shop.
The program offers a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio and accepts a maximum of 10 eligible students per session.
- A (two weeks): June 27—July 8 - $650
- B (two weeks): July 11—July 22 - $650
- Must be enrolled in the Taft Summer School's Young Scholars or Liberal Studies programs.
- Letter of Recommendation from golf professional, instructor, or coach
- Must be able to provide a USGA Certified Handicap Index of:
- 16.5 Index for Boys
- 23.2 Index for Girls
Typical Weekly Schedule
(rotated based on instructional needs)
- Monday: Full Swing with Video, Fundamentals including Posture, Grip and Alignment
- Tuesday: Putting and Chipping, Fundamentals and Drills, Effective Practice to Score
- Wednesday: Full Swing with Short and Midirons (Hybrids included)
- Thursday: Putting and Chipping, Reading the Greens and Specialty Shots (Lie & Slope)
- Friday: Full Swing with Drivers and Fairway Woods
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 2:30-4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 1:30-2:30 pm
- Each session will include two hours on-course instruction and course access Sundays after 4:00 pm.